Thursday 14 June 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

For WIP Wednesday I wanted to share my other project I am stitching besides Bert Badger. I spent lots of hours over the Jubilee weekend and made quite a bit of progress. Because I am back after a long while I took a before and after picture so you can see the progress I made. My goal is to finish this project before the Knitting and Stitching show in October so plenty of time but I'm not a speedy stitcher! The project is a Michael Powell design - Mini Venice Bridge 1

The picture on the left was taken 7th June and the one on the right was my progress  on the 10th 
I have always admired Michael Powell designs and bought this kit at the last Knitting and Stitching Show. It is all whole cross stitch which is what I often look for when choosing a pattern or kit to stitch. The colours in this are really holding my attention! The final project will look like this:

I have made a bit more progress since the pictures above but will update again next Wednesday! I've almost reached the half way mark so would be good to reach that next week but we will see. I am hoping to get the threads and fabric ready for another project, it's a Newton's Law series from The World of Cross Stitching - Issue 178.

No comments:

Post a Comment